Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Glory

The story occur during the time of American Civil War, North and South were fight against each other for their purposes, to free slave for north and to live the life they want for south. There is one young man who has to lead the first company of black soldiers, in order to command a new soldier (black soldier) is not easy. He had to deal with many problems such as he has to train his soldier to be ready to war, but when he ask for equipment from authority, he just never has it. And own fellow officers also pressured him. He and his soldiers have no opportunity to fight, they were order to do only a slave’s job. So, at the end of movie they have a great chance to prove them as a soldier by being a first group to attack south’s army.

There is some part of the movie that is not actually happened in those days
- There is a scene that black soldier was punish cause of runaway, it isn't truth. It was a make up story for entertainment and to make a story look more interesting.
- In the movie, there is one man who runaway from the South and volunteers to be soldier, but in fact every black soldier were free man.

To be honest, first when I got this movie I’m not interested in it. But anyway I have to watch it to make my blog. So, when I begin to watch the Glory. I feel surprised with the stars in the movie. There are a lot of big star in movie. This isn’t an old movie like I firstly thought. However it begin to gain the attention from me. After I finished it, I think I like it. It quite entertains and educates me about the history of American, the Civil War. So by the way this is one of best history movie that I recommend you to watch it.

1 comment:

Cecil Hill said...

Good blogging on a good movie. Some people believe this is the most realistic of all the Civil War movies. What do you think?

You are blogging the way I expected. Congratulations.

Keep it up and blog, blog, blog.